Friday, March 4, 2011

My Brother

Today, TK's brother returned from his mission. Gone 2 years, serving the Lord in the Omaha, Nebraska Mission. All week TK has been so above and beyond exicted to have him home. I chuckled every time he would randomly get all giddy and state, "BENJAMIN COMES HOME IN ___ DAYS!!!"

I just smiled and thought how cute it was that he loved his brother so much.

But today, when we were getting ready to go to the airport and stuff, memories of the day that MY brother came home from HIS mission flooded my head. Being so excited, counting down the days till he got home since the day he LEFT, and practically doing a little dance waiting impatiently outside the airport security checkpoint.

I love my brother. Our relationship grew so much closer the few months before his mission and I hated that he wasn't home anymore. He helped me escape from the house when life wasn't going so great and he helped me escape my thoughts of discontent. He taught me how to shrug things off and let things go. He rescued me and I didn't like that he wasn't there to rescue me.

I knew he was doing the Lord's work and that that was far more important than chasing thunderstorms with me in the middle of the night, but I was sad nonetheless. I was SO thrilled when he came home. My brother is amazing. He doesn't always talk that much, (I mean, honestly how could he?! Shauna and I are his sisters) but I love that guy more than I could ever tell anyone. I know that he always has my back (despite what he says.. after all.. he is a stinker sometimes). I could trust him with anything and know that he'd stand by me through whatever crap I could get into. He was such an inspiration to me. His emails (although we didn't exchange as much as we probably should have on his mission... i kinda suck at keeping in touch...) got me through more than I think he ever knew. They gave me strength. I always hated knowing that I was disappointing him when I did something I shouldn't. How my brother saw me was very important to me and saved me.

I love my brother. I love him and miss him so much. I hate that it still feels like he's on his mission seeing as how the distance makes it so that I only get to see him about once a year. But I know that no matter what, he's here for me, being a wonderful example.

Peace, Love, and CookieDough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts