Saturday, August 15, 2009

howdy from down south

hey ya'll!! I'M IN NORTH CAROLINA!!! No seriously, it's true! ANNNNDDD-- I turned the big 2-0 just about 5 days ago. HA! Can you believe it?! So many big steps for such a small town girl.

So in case you're just tuning in (aka anyone who only relies upon reading my once-in-a-blue-moon-blogs) TK and I have officially relocated to the beautiful state of North Carolina. On our way we stopped in Omaha and Lincoln and Ogallala and Kansas City. Oh yes. Ogallala. On the way out East my poor car, Jezabell, bless her engine, had a bit of a mechanical breakdown. It was all too much for her. Her CVC joints busted and she had to go to the hospital for a couple of days. I broke down. My car, when she gives me trouble, tends to rack up QUITE the hospital bills. Its a rare occasion when the total comes to less than a thousand. Here I was, my poor husband holding me up, balling my eyes out, in the middle of Nebraska, on my way to a state i had only visited for 2 days, putting complete faith in the Lord and our "couple-hundred-dollars-shy-of-empty" bank account and we just couldn't catch a break. we'd already been through hail and high water with the tornado && flash flood warnings we'd encountered earlier that day ((count them 1.2.3.FOUR!!!!)) and i just wasn't sure if I had really been listening to the Lord. I feared I had only followed what I had wanted to hear. So we checked into a hotel and I continued to cry. Finally, I turned to TK and asked him to say a prayer. We knelt and prayed that all would be well. That I would not be overwhelmed with stress and fear, and that if this is what he wanted for us to be doing, that it would all work out accordingly. Well the car was towed, we went to bed, and in the morning we were in contact with the mechanic. They confirmed it was the CVC and that they would order the part. Well, we decided that instead of wasting our trip in Ogallala, we'd continue on to Omaha for the weekend and return monday for the car. Finally, when all was said and done, it ended up that some family friends of OUR family friends were vacationing at a lake next to the lovely town of Ogallala and were willing to bring our car back to us on monday. Although there were plenty of kinks in this plan that took time and effort to iron out, It all ended up working out perfectly and Jezabell was returned to me in wonderful condition. The Lord heard are prayers and lined up all the pieces for us, we just had to be patient and have faith.

But the trip to Omaha was amazing, full of swimming, visiting, and laughter. I had a wonderful time. It had been so long since I got to see everyone and TK fit in perfectly. It was so nice to see him laughing with all of my old friends. And then we got to go to KC and see Trent and Dayna!! Oh and watch GI Joe. Good movie. I thoroughly enjoyed. All in all. I got to have a wonderful birthday week!!

SO! Back to us moving all the way across the country. TK is venturing into some new territories with real estate and has just been appointed head of the "cyber" team in his Dad's company. TK's family has been wonderful to us. Grandma Ball is willing enough to let us stay in her spare bedroom until we can be bringing in some money and his parents have been here supporting us and helping us get into some jobs. Tom reviewed my resume and was able to bring forth many helpful suggestions as well as (as previously mentioned) give TK a job doing what he loves.

Now yes, I am from the midwest where humidity is an old friend. HOWEVER, these mosquitos that it invites. KSF:SHdfopdoaph;dklf;aosuehawne. someone find a cure for their existence PLEASE! I have about 29 of those dang skeeter bites and I am going CRAZY.

Now, back to the story. So I am currently looking for a job. I have signed up for care.com which is a wonderful site that puts families and nannys together. However, after a whole day, not so much luck. I am planning on going to Charlotte on Monday and doing the whole application collecting and resume delivering bit and if all else fails and after a week, nothing, then I will start going around to the restaurants and get myself a serving/hosting gig until something more stable might come along. Either way, we need to start making money, and soon.

Although, it is good for Grandma that we are there. See, last month she fell. Now for a woman with osteoporosis to fall, is no bueno. She broke her vertebrae and did something bad to her arm. Also, Grandpa died about 6 months ago and the alone time isn't all that good for her. So its nice for her to have someone there looking after her as well as bringing some excitement to the home. ((after all, you know how riveting that world of warcraft can be :P --love you honeyy!!))

SOOOOOO thats the deal thus far. My new resolution is to keep in touch better. With everyone. So hopefully more blogging, a few more phone calls, ect ect. SOO!! keep me posted on your lives as well and I hope everyone is doing well! I love you lots and expect to be hearing from me soon! ((if not, bug me about it, keep me in line))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts