Monday, April 25, 2011

The Week's Gone By...

So I realize the personal posts have been put on the back burner (given, some of you may be grateful for this) and for that I apologize. Life has been crazy and I have been very overwhelmed.

All last week, Will (the 5yr old that I watch) was on spring break. So I got to have both boys home all day along with Aiden :) It was definitely a HANDFUL! I didn't think that 3 hours a day would really make all that much of a difference. You could tell he was all strung out about being at home all week and Garrett was fighting for the attention he normally gets when Will is at school. And to top it all off, I was getting VERY little sleep each night. So the week was long but a good experience... who knows, maybe one day I'll actually have 3 boys of my own and this is good practice (and if I only have girls from here on out I'll just be OVERLY prepared :) ha)

On Wednesday I had a meeting that I was supposed to go to at 6. So I got off work early and got ready and made my way over to the Cosmetology Center for their Informational Meeting concerning registration and such (it is required before you can apply to the program). Well, I got there (after being very stressed about GETTING there) just to find out that it had been canceled. Perfect.

So I went home and saw my husband (he had just gotten home from work) and then decided to go do some shopping. The last time I bought clothes for myself was when I bought a FEW maternity items and before that? ... psh. who knows.. So I was in DEEP need of a few items (capris, t-shirts, ect. you know, g-proof summer stuff) And for once, I actually had the energy, motivation, and self(not)loathing that i need to actually venture into a dressing room.

It was a wonderful night. I found some GREAT items on the clearance racks that fit PERFECTLY!! I was thrilled and feel so great about myself when I wear them!!

The weekend was incredibly low key--just the way I like it! Friday I babysat ALL day, 7:30AM-11:30PM. Once I got all of the boys in bed I just vegged out on the couch and enjoyed the peace. Saturday, Aiden and I took a very easy going morning (naps all around) and then ran a couple of errands. Oh, and visited Dad at work because he got dehydrated and almost passed out, yeah, awesome.

Then we went over to our friend Miss Katie's (actually her mom's house because they live closer so we met there) to meet her new little baby, Grayson. He was SO adorable!! A week and a half old, and OH so little!! It made me realize how BIG Aiden has gotten!!! Aiden is practically a toddler, he looks nothing like a baby anymore!! :) & :(

And then Easter Sunday, I got to sing with my kids :) :) :) I LOVE PRIMARY!!!!! We had a blast and I always leave amped and ready to face the next week!! My kids rock. Its true.

After that, we just enjoyed the evening. No chaos, just laughing and enjoying one another. It was a perfect weekend!

Peace, Love, and CookieDough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts