Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Filling in the Gaps

So I have been slacking, I know. If I don't get my blogging done first thing in the morning then the possibility of it getting done at all goes down about 90%. But luckily, Aiden took an early nap today and I remembered that I had some blogging to do. So here I am. Needing to catch up. (and maybe make up for a few days that weren't given as much attention as they deserved.

Day 18: I am grateful for no body robbing us blind or murdering us last night.

When we arrived home last night, it was BITTER cold outside (at least for here) and so we were HURRYING inside with arm-fulls of crap from the car and Aiden and in the hustle and bustle of trying to get into the heated house, i left my keys dangling in the doorknob. So i am glad that no one tried to break in because they definitely would have succeeded.

Day 19: I am grateful for TK's new job! Much better benefits, less stress (for all of us), better pay, better hours, and I am just so stinking proud of my husband!! Job hunting is probably one of my least favorite things and I know it is definitely one of his but he stuck to it, even in this crummy economy, and got an AWESOME job!!! I am so happy and much more relaxed!!

Some other things I've been grateful for are... (since some of my entries have been a little "short and sweet")

Visiting teaching. I know I haven't always been the best at it but now that I am finally getting in the swing of it I have come to appreciate it so much! I love the sisters that I visit and my visiting teachers. I am so grateful to be a part of it, on both ends. I am grateful for the blessings and friendships that I have gained.

Precious Cargo. Ever since moving to North Carolina my driving has improved. Now I'm not saying I'm a master behind the wheel or anything (I mean c'mon, I'm still female) but I began getting a lot more cautious. And then I got pregnant and my caution went up even more. And now that I have that cute little one as my back-seat copilot, I can't help but go the speed limit (or even catch myself going a few under), coming to complete stops, and triple checking all of my mirrors.

Primary. I love singing time in primary. I love my calling as Jr. Primary Chorister and I love those little ones. They are so full of life and joy and innocence (even when they're being stinkers!). They're precious and I love it when I walk down the halls and get tons of "Hi, Sister Sheppard!!"'s. They're adorable and make my sabbath even more enjoyable!

Christmas Cards. We don't have the money to put into postage or anything to send out a Christmas card, but I plan on doing one via facebook this year. But I love receiving others' and getting all caught up on everyone's lives.

Ummm. I think I'm done for now.

Peace, Love, and CookieDough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts