Saturday, December 18, 2010

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful

Day 23: I am grateful to be home in this nasty weather.

I am grateful that we have a home to live in. I am grateful that we are warm. I am grateful for that heating bill every month because it means that we didn't freeze to death. I am grateful for soup and hot chocolate (not together cuz thats gross) that makes my insides even feel warm. And I am grateful for snuggling because it too helps keep me warm!! :)

Today I had to get up early with Aiden and take him to a friends (thanks Yiselle!!) So she'd watch him while I went and helped at a primary activity. It was Drop n Shop where the parents ditched the kids and ran around to get some christmas shopping done. It went pretty well but when I was headed to get Aiden it began to snow--a lot. Big flakes comin down fast and freezing to the road. Oh and then after a sheet of snow came the sleet. Yay for frozen roads. So we didn't get to visit with Yiselle and had to dash back home!! At home, Aunts Janel and Rebekah had spent the night ... so we had to call Angela and Tom to come and get them (they actually have a car with 4-wheel drive) so I made waffles for everyone while Aiden took a nap!

After everyone left I tried to snag a few zz's while Aiden was still zonked but he woke up just 20 min after I fell asleep--bummer. But TK has work tonight (roads permitting) and hopefully Aiden and I will get to fall asleep early tonight!!

Welp, my time with my boy has been pretty limited today so I am going to go and spoil him with attention!!

Peace, Love, and CookieDough.

1 comment:

  1. Girl you are welcome! :) I'll watch that little man anytime!
    & next time I'm in town and NOT going on vacation, we will catch up!
    I've missed you lots!
    Have a great holiday!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts